Friday, August 24, 2012

I'm In Love With You

I don't just love what I do... I am IN love with what I do.

My work is the one aspect in my life for which I have infinite patience, infinite excitement, infinite curiosity... infinite everything.  In this area of my life, I feel powerful and whole.

This is not to say that I have no fear.  Every day that I'm in my studio, making the things that I envision in my head, I face the questions that scare me: why am I making these things?  Where should I look for my customers?  Will I be able to support myself with the work of my hands?  Am I good enough?

But here's the thing: if there's no fear to face, no change to embrace, where's the challenge?  What's the point?  I promised myself a long time ago that I am going to be the hero in my own life.  And the absolute truth is that I'm happiest when I'm learning things, and by choosing this path of "artist" and "entrepreneur," I have infinite opportunities to learn and grow.  If I flop, it's on me.  If I succeed, it's on me.

My destiny is in my own hands... I'm in love with what I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment